First Friday Yoga Renew & Restore
First Friday Yoga Renew & Restore
12 months of First Friday Yoga Renew and Restore with Robin Afinowich of Four Winds Integrative Healing.
Every first Friday of the month, from 7:15-8:30pm we will be opening up the Soap Shop & Vegan Boutique for the most aromatherapeutic restorative yoga imaginable. Pamper yourself with commitment to your well being by signing up for one full year of First Friday evening classes or select a season by season option to treat yo'self! Can't commit? Single classes available as well!
- 10/12 Year Class Package: Every First Friday left of 2018! $150 value -- Sale $120
- Spring Class Package: Every First Friday in Apr, May, June $45 value-- New Year's Sale for $39
- Summer Class Package: Every First Friday in July, Aug, Sep $45 value-- New Year's Sale for $39
- Autumn Class Package: Every First Friday in Oct, Nov, Dec $45 value-- New Year's Sale for $39
- Class by class $15/each or get Winter or Spring individual classes now with our New Year's Sale for $14/ea
Practices will include gentle and calming postures accessible to all practitioners and will be accompanied with a monthly theme incorporating intention and personal contemplation, meditation and breath work. Please bring mats and blankets as well as a journal.
- January: Winter Wonder
- February: Unshakable Love
- This practice will focus on healthy lower back and gentle heart openers, exploring the relationship between foundation and unconditional self-love and support.Practice will introduce the governing elements of the heart chakra and will promoteself-acceptance and self-compassion.
- March: Spring Equinox
- This time of year is celebrating new beginning and clearing out of the old. This practice will focus on hips and twists to purge body, mind, spirit of soils that are not providing fertile ground for renewal and rebirth. Practice will include Eco-therapy application and ceremony celebrating new beginnings.
- April: Deeply Daisy
- April is the month where the seeds and fresh shoots of springs seeds are in full bloom and Spring’s masterpiece is painting horizons…..particularly with bright daisies. The flower symbolism associated with the daisy is purity, innocence, loyal love, beauty, patience and simplicity. We will explore these concepts as we open the body through nurturing and grounding poses promoting clarity and ease.
- May: May Day
- Tapping into ancient Celtic meaning, Beltane (May day) marks the midpoint between the Spring Equinox & the Summer Solstice. Beltane is the time to acknowledge & honor the fertility inherent in all life. At Beltane we celebrate the life force within all of us & within the natural world. It’s a traditional time to celebrate the mothers and creators (literal and metaphorical), and their ability to birth new life. Poses will focus on hip and hamstring openers and will promote spiritual connectivity to creation in all forms.
- June: Creation, Action, Manifestation
- Aligning with the Summer solstice this well-rounded practice will focus on a whole body approach to establishing motivation and manifestation of our greatest potentials. Practice will include simple ceremony honoring the magic of the season.
- July: Personal Power - Harnessing the Sun
- Continuing to call on the heat of the sun, this unique class will combine yoga and somatic psychology as it explores the role of the solar plexus and pyscho-somaticpractices promoting personal empowerment through body language and energetic intention. This practice will consistent of both standing and restorative postures, accessible to all levels.
- August: Building Immunity and Clearing out Lymphatic
- This gentle and healing practice will introduced specific yoga and qui-gong postures and exercises that will specifically address building a healthy immune system and aiding in the cleansing of the lymphatic processes. Great for stress reduction, pain and inflammation management and chronic fatigue.
- September: Shaking the leaves: Psoas release
- Moving into the celebration of fall, just as leaves fall from the trees, we will invite the body to shake loose stress, trauma, tension and imbalance. This practice will focus on releasing the psoas muscle while also addressing the spiritual significance of the Autumn Equinox. Class is dedicated to the exploration of the healing self as an extension of the natural world and how our process are complimented and supported by the intentions of nature.
- October: Celebrating the Spirit
- A time to honor those felt and not seen, a class designed to support individuals with loss and grief. Together we will create a safe and nurturing space through movements and intention to gently acknowledge and honor those who are with us in Spirit and in our hearts, setting the stage for a month of peaceful reflection, a sense of guidance and appreciation dislodging immovable blocks of grief.
- November: Grounded in Gratitude
- This is a grounding practice that focuses on the root chakra through posture and visual meditation. The class will promote contemplation of the foundation of our life and how we can embrace who we are and where we are with deep gratitude and security. Gather a healthy acceptance of what we have and what we are building, and allow that abundance to create a sense of peace of and ease.
- December: Into the Deep: Welcoming Winter
- Moving into the stillness of winter we can draw our attention inward, cultivating wisdom through self-inquiry and withdrawal of external senses. Class will consist of introspective postures and a guided winter solstice mediation and ceremony.